Our kitchen ceiling fan was supposed to be white but time and dirt had their way. I splurged on a beautiful stained glass light fixture for above the table so there was nothing left in the budget… at all.
Hello spray paint!
Borax, hot water and a scrubby sponge made pretty quick work of the grime that had built up on the fan.
Next I spray painted the blades a dark brown to simulate wood and match the trim color throughout the room.
I decided to spray paint the body of the fan in the same copper paint I used on the radiator cover, cabinet handles and switch plates.
The effect is a perfectly coordinated fan that I bet would have cost us $200 bucks to replace.
Time to move on the the finishing touches. These depend heavily on kid art!